We are delighted that you’ve chosen to welcome a new family member into your home. The adoption team at C.A.R.E. can help make your experience both enjoyable and easy.
There are number of ways to choose your pet from C.A.R.E.
C.A.R.E. holds adoption events at a number of locations each month. Contact Karen Schenks, our adoption coordinator, at the below email and phone number to ask about our upcoming adoption event dates and locations.
A visit to C.A.R.E. headquarters at our 155-acre farm provides an opportunity to meet all the animals we have available for adoption as well as animals that will be available in the near future. Contact information to arrange for an appointment is located above.
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
Adoption by Request:
In the event that you would like to adopt but are unable to attend an event or visit the farm, the adoption team at C.A.R.E. can help. Simply contact our Adoption Coordinator, Karen Schenks, and we can assist you in choosing your new pet.
We know you are excited about meeting your new ‘best friend’. While we share your enthusiasm, we would like you to take just a moment to review and consider the items on the following list. These are subjects your adoption team member will want to discuss with you at the time you adopt your new pet.
- General details of the home environment you will be providing for your new pet including such items as the presence of children and whether a fenced yard is available.
- An idea of your current time commitments and a discussion of the time you can expect to attend to your new pet.
- Orientation on care and feeding information you may have questions about.
- Options and instructions in the event you encounter any difficulties in keeping your new pet after adoption.
The adoption team at C.A.R.E. is available to help you along each step of the way to adopting your new pet. Once you’ve found your new ‘best friend’, an adoption team member will provide you with a list of relevant information about your pet. The items we inform you about include the following,
- Breed and age.
- Medical history.
- Personal history.
- Observations on personality and behavior.
- Previous environment.
- Any special diet or care considerations.
The C.A.R.E. adoption team is committed to you and your new pet. Our support and assistance is available before, throughout and after the adoption process to ensure that your adoption experience is enjoyable.
To schedule an adoption appointment or an adoption by request, your first step is to contact Karen Schenks, our adoption coordinator. You may call or email Karen as follows: